VivoSense® Heart Rate Variability Analysis
The analysis of heart rate variability provides a way to non-invasively study the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) by acting as a dynamic window into autonomic function and balance. VivoSense®’s HRV analysis and visualization tools offer users a comprehensive and validated suite of functionality to accurately and efficiently perform high standard HRV analysis.
Elimination and management of artifact are a critical requirement for reliable HRV calculations. Even a few artifacts can significantly bias a HRV calculation. Vivonoetics have created the best artifact management tools. Now HRV researchers have the capability to efficiently and accurately manage artifacts. The VivoSense® tools are based on sophisticated user feedback and offer efficient processing of large files where editing single R-waves is often impractical.Heart Rate Variability Analysis Module Artifacts may be managed using several tools:
- R-wave editing (insertion or deletion)
- Exclusion of regions. This may be done automatically and/or manually:
- Efficiently and accurately manage artifact of 24 hour recordings in minutes.
- HRV algorithms provide robust calculations in discontinuous regions that include exclusions .
- Merge interpolations or exclusions.
- Artifact statistics available.
Visual HRV is a means to visualize the different HRV indices as individual channels that are time synchronized with other channels. This allows users to see how HRV changes over time and graphically integrates HRV with other metrics. The duration of the analysis period may be adjusted to meet the user’s specific needs. This is more intuitive than reporting single numbers as is the usual convention.